Enjoying a meal as a family can seem elusive with schedules full of work, activities, and social obligations. However, you can make getting everyone together a little easier (and more delicious) with a weekly tradition like “Slider Sunday” that gets the entire crew excited for time around the kitchen table.
No matter what your loved one is craving, you can savor a different flavor every Sunday. In addition, the add-ons can be customized so that everyone’s favorite items are on the list.
Play your next Slider Sunday game with Chicken Parm-eroni Sliders or Lobster Knuckle Sliders with spicy mayonnaise from restaurateur, author and TV personality Guy Fieri.
Iron Chicken Parm Slider
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 1 cup unsalted butter
• Half a cup of minced garlic
• 1 package of sliding pretzel cake
• 3 cups vegetable oil
• 2 cups pepperoni, julienned
• 1¼ cup marinara sauce
• 9 pieces of breaded chicken, cooked and crispy
• 5 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
• 5 slices of provolone cheese
• 9 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
• In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until garlic is softened but not browned. Remove from fire and set aside.
• Cut the separate slider biscuits, and brush the two halves with melted garlic butter. Toast rolls on a baking sheet until golden brown; Flip and toast slightly outside of the rolls. Sit aside.
• In a 4-liter saucepan with a thermometer, heat the oil to 350 degrees. Fry the pepperoni until bubbles begin to slow. Carefully remove it from the oil and place it on a plate with a paper towel.
• In a small saucepan, heat the marinara sauce. Put 1 tablespoon of the sauce on the bottom halves of the slider bread.
• On a tray lined with paper, place a piece of tender chicken on each slider bun. Place 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on top of each tart, followed by half a slice of mozzarella and then half a slice of provolone. Top each slide with 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese. Place the baking tray in the broiler and melt the cheese.
• Place a tablespoon of crunchy pepperoni on top of the cheese on each slider.
• Slider top with other halves of toasted slider cakes. Brush the face with garlic butter and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Use bamboo sticks to secure them.
Lobster nickel sliders with spicy mayonnaise
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 1 package of sliding buns
• 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 tomato, finely chopped
• 1 celery stalk, cut into small cubes
• Half a cup of Japanese mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon sriracha
• Kosher salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 lemon cut in half
• 1 package of tempura flour mixture
• 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
• 9 ounces of cooked lobster meat
• 2½ cups white cabbage, finely grated
• 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
• Separate the sliding bread and rub the two halves with the melted butter. Toast rolls on a baking sheet until golden brown; Flip the outer sides of the rolls and toast them slightly.
• In a mixing bowl, place diced tomatoes, celery, mayonnaise and sriracha. add salt and pepper to taste; Add the juice and peel of half a lemon. Mix well to incorporate completely. Put it in the fridge to cool down.
• Mix tempura batter according to package instructions and season with seafood seasoning.
• Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
• Dry the lobsters with paper towels. Place the lobsters in the tempura mixture and leave for 30-60 seconds.
• Remove the lobsters one piece at a time, allowing the excess mixture to drip off. Working in batches, saute until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
• While frying the lobsters, put the cabbage into a mixing bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil and the juice of the remaining half a lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to incorporate evenly.
• Put 2 tablespoons of the cabbage mixture on each bun, and make a bed on each bun to hold the lobsters in place.
• Remove the lobsters from the frying pan and allow the excess oil to dry completely. Toss lobsters into the mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle with chopped chives. Place the lobsters on the cabbage mixture, then add the bread and fix with bamboo skewers.
– Recipes courtesy of Guy Fieri. See more slider ideas at SliderSunday.com. ◆