the newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This “ultimate” pasta is totally dinner.
“Pasta Absolute with Bacon and Peas is made without cream. The pasta water, olive oil, and Parmesan cheese add the perfect touch of cream, and bring out the bacon’s smoke and the sweetness of the peas,” says Grace Vallow, creator of the recipe blog tastfullygrace.com, with a note. The addition of shallots and garlic is also a nice touch.
“Orecchiette is the perfect shape of pasta that ‘infuses’ every ingredient, so every bite is as good as the bite before,” says Vallo.
How to make Burnett mac and cheese: the recipe
Feel free to experiment with different types of pasta until you find your favorite.
Meet the American Who Invented the “Clean, Massive” Corn Dog
Best Pasta with Bacon and Peas by Grace Vallow from TastefulGrace.com
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pound of pasta
12 ounces bacon, diced
1 cup frozen peas
3 medium sized shallots, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
¼ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Reserved macaroni water
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
salt to taste
- Cook bacon in a large dry pot over medium heat until crunchy.
- Remove the bacon from the pot with a perforated spoon and set aside in a separate bowl. Drain the liquid fat from the pot, leaving only the broth (small pieces of bacon) at the bottom of the pot. Put the saucepan back on the stove and add the olive oil, garlic and shallots. Turn on a medium heat and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water in a separate saucepan. Cook until fully cooked according to box instructions.
- Once the leeks and garlic are sautéed, add the frozen peas and saute over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the peas are hot and bright green. Add bacon and black pepper. Stir and heat for 1 minute.
- Use ½ cup to hold some pasta water. Drain the pasta and add to the pot along with the bacon and peas. flip over.
- Add ½ cup pasta water, Parmesan cheese, and salt to taste. Stir until smooth.
- Serve hot in pasta bowls with a spoon or fork!
CLICK HERE FOR FOX NEWS APPLICATION
This original recipe is owned by tastfullygrace.com and shared with Fox News Digital.