Grilled Peruvian-Inspired Chicken Skewers with Avocado Ague Verde Sauce made with boneless chicken thighs seasoned with Latin spices, absolutely delicious and great for summer barbecue!
Peruvian-inspired grilled chicken skewers
These Peruvian-inspired grilled chicken skewers made with tender, boneless, skinless chicken thighs are super tasty and topped with our spicy Aji Verde avocado sauce. Chicken marinated with beer, sazon, cumin and spices. The hot creamy sauce is so good, I’ve been putting it on eggs, tacos, etc. Try it with rice and my quick black bean. Or make it with Arroz Congri. More grilled chicken recipes I love, grilled chicken bruschetta, grilled chicken with lemon cilantro and one of my most famous recipes, grilled pollo sabroso.
I’ve made grilled chicken skewers a few times in the past month and have been a huge success with my family. They are very tasty – the longer you marinate the chicken, the more it tastes.
Spicy Avocado Aggie Verde Sauce
A creamy avocado jalapeno salsa would be very spicy if left in the seeds, which is what I like. A little goes a long way! If you prefer milder sauces, remove the seeds. Aji sauce lasts four days in the fridge, so you can use it on anything from scrambled eggs, rice, and beans to steak tacos and grilled chicken.
What is aggy sauce made of?
To make the Avocado Aggie Verde Spicy Sauce, mix all the ingredients below:
- avocado: For healthy fats and a creamy texture. I use 1 ounce which is about 1/4 of a small Hass.
- galapwe: for seasoning. I like hot sauce, so I leave the jalapeño seeds inside, but you can make it milder by omitting the seeds.
- corianderFor freshness and flavour.
- liquid: olive oil, white vinegar, water
- Aromatics: garlic
- Spices: cumin and salt
Chicken marinade recipe
Combine all ingredients below in a bowl or zip-top bag and marinate sliced chicken thighs for at least three hours or overnight.
- light beer: I used a Corona light, but the Modelo or Dos XX will also work.
- Sazon with achiote: You can buy sazon at the supermarket or make your own sazon seasoning from scratch.
- White vinegar: If you don’t have regular white vinegar, replace it with apple cider vinegar.
- Spices: Cumin, salt, garlic powder, thyme
How to grill chicken skewers
- Place the chicken thigh slices on metal skewers. If you are using wood, you will need to soak it in water first. If you don’t want to make skewers, leave the thighs whole and skip this step.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and oil the grates. Grill chicken skewers for five minutes on each side.
What to serve with grilled chicken skewers from Peru
I serve this grilled chicken with rice, and some of my favorite summer salads, like grilled corn salad and cucumber tomato salad. Try this with quick rice and black beans. Or make it with Arroz Congri.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make chicken skewers with chicken breasts? Sure, I like dark meat because it never gets dry but chicken breasts would work well too.
- Can I make chicken skewers in an air fryer? Yes, you can make them in an air fryer without the sticks. Air-fry at 400 F 12 to 14 minutes, shaking basket halfway.
Your comments are helpful!! If you try this delicious Grilled chicken recipe Or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear your thoughts, variations, and comments. And if you take some pictures of it, share them with me on Instagram so I can reshare my stories!
More Latin Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Peruvian chicken skewers with avocado aggie verde sauce
Grilled Chicken Skewers with Avocado Aggie Verde Sauce made with boneless chicken thighs seasoned with Latin spices, absolutely delicious and great for summer barbecue!
- 2 pound bonelessAnd the Skinless chicken thighs
- 6 ounce light beerAnd the I used corona light
- 1 Sazon seasoning box with achioteAnd the 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 small spoon kosher salt
- 3 big spoons White vinegar
- 1 1/2 small spoons cumin
- 1 1/2 small spoons garlic powder
- 1 small spoon dried seasoning
Avocado Aji Verde sauce (makes 2/3 cup)
- 1 ounce avocado
- 2 jalapeñosAnd the with seeds*
- 3 Tablespoon fresh coriander
- 2 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carnation garlic
- 2 Tablespoon White vinegar
- 3 to 4 big spoons Water
- 1/8 small spoon cumin
- 1/4 Plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
*I like hot sauce, so I leave the jalapeno seeds inside, but you can make it milder by omitting the seeds.
service: 1skewer with sauceAnd the Calories: 289CaloriesAnd the carbohydrates: 2.5gAnd the protein: 30gAnd the Fat: 16gAnd the Saturated fat: 3gAnd the Cholesterol: 142mgAnd the sodium: 574mgAnd the the basic: 1gAnd the sugar: 0.5g
Key words: Grilled chicken skewers, grilled chicken thighs