Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health law violations, with featured links to some original public records reports by city or county health inspectors.
Restaurants correct most irregularities at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to follow-up inspections show how each organization has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The appropriate responses will be published on the same websites as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more Priority Health Act violations (direct links not provided).
▪ Village Inn Restaurant5800 Broadmoor Street, Mission, had 17 priority violations during a routine inspection on June 15.
▪ sonic drive in8905 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, had 10 priority violations during a June 15 inspection after a complaint.
▪ welcome tea914 Massachusetts Avenue, Lawrence, had nine priority violations during routine inspections on June 20.
▪ Skate City 7838 Washington Ave., Kansas City, K., had nine priority violations during a routine inspection on June 15.
▪ Casey’s General Store7875 Quivira Road, Lenexa, has seven priority violations during routine inspection on June 14.
▪ Front coffee shop and provisions2718 West 53rd Street, Fairway, had seven priority violations during routine inspection on June 16.
▪ taco republic500 Cantonment Line Road, Kansas City, K.A., had seven priority violations during a routine inspection on June 14.
For complete KS health checks, visit http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/inspection-results
The Kansas City Department of Health cited these processes for seven or more serious violations:
▪ delicious thai7104 NW Prairie View Road, had nine serious violations during a routine inspection on June 15.
▪ Lamar Donut3395 Main Street, seven serious violations during the June 18 routine inspection.
For full reports for the Kansas City area, visit www.inspectionsonline.us/foodsafety/mouskansascity/search.htm And search under the name of the facility.
This story was originally published June 22, 2022 5:00 p.m.