Mexican-inspired grilled corn salad made with grilled summer corn, tagine (chili and lemon seasoning) and Cotija cheese, made just lighter without the mayonnaise.
Grilled corn salad with cotija
If you need some easy side dishes to make this summer, you’ll love this Grilled corn salad with cotija. It’s inspired by Mexican corn drizzled with mayonnaise and topped with chili powder, lemon juice, and cheese. For this Mexican street corn salad, I pop the corn off the cob, skip the mayonnaise, and mix everything together for a light summer side dish. This dish is great with air fried salmon, grilled chicken, shrimp, fish, rice, etc., making it the perfect side for any summer barbecue. If you prefer the flavors of the Mediterranean, you might like grilled corn salad with feta and mint or try corn salad with avocado and tomato.
Roasted Corn Salad Ingredients:
This healthy Mexican corn salad uses all the ingredients of Ilot but without the mayonnaise.
- corn in the cup Grill hulled corn directly on the grill for a charred, smoky flavor that elevates this salad. If you want to use the freezer, that would be fine.
- green onion Any onions work here but I like green onions in this salad. You can also use red onions or chives.
- Cotija cheese Cotija is usually used on elote, you can also use feta cheese or crumbled feta cheese if you prefer.
- coriander For freshness, though if you hate the flavor you can use chives in its place.
- chili seasoning – Like Tajin or Trader Joe’s Everything But The Elote Seasoning
- lemon wedgesfor serving that is squeezed over the salad for tang and sour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you pre-grill corn for a corn salad?
Yes, you can prepare the corn in advance. You can peel them, roast them, and remove them from the cob the day before you prepare the salad.
How do you remove the corn from the cup?
I suggest placing the corn cob on a clean dish towel while keeping it upright. Then use the knife to cut the kernels. The towel will pick up all the beans, then pour them all into a bowl.
How to grill corn for salad
- To grill the corn for this salad, start by removing the husks and preheating the grill over medium-high heat.
- Then roast the corn for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the cobs so all sides are touching the grill.
- Once charred in specks, remove the corn from the grill to cool.
If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the corn in a skillet on the stove in the same way.
How to make corn salad
- After the corn has been grilled and cooled, remove the kernels from the cob. The easiest way is to put the cob in a large bowl and use a sharp knife to cut through the beans.
- Add scallions and cotija to the pot of corn and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the tagine, coriander, salt and pepper and stir.
- Serve with more topped casserole and lemon wedges, if desired. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- cheese – Sub queso fresco or feta for cotija.
- No grill, no problem! You can use a grill pan if you don’t have a grill. If you’re making this salad when it’s not corn season, you can use frozen corn.
- Onions – Replace green onions or chives with red onions.
- Extras: Add diced avocado, tomatoes, canned black beans or chopped jalapenos for seasoning.
More summer corn salad recipes you’ll love:
Grilled corn salad with cotija
Grilled Corn Salad is inspired by Mexican street corn (elot) and made with chili seasoning, green onions, and Cotija cheese without the mayonnaise.
- 6 Large corn or 7 medium earsAnd the 6 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 big spoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheeseAnd the collapsed
- 2 big spoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small spoon Casserole, chili seasoning or merchant serving everything but Elote seasoningAnd the Plus more to top
- 1/4 small spoon kosher salt
- lemon wedgesAnd the Optional for service
Set the grill on medium to high. Corn husk.
Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently, until charred into specks. Transfer the mixture to a cutting board and set aside to cool.
Cut beads from a cup. Place the corn, green onions, and cotija cheese in a medium salad bowl. Sprinkle it with olive oil and my heart.
Add the tagine (chili) and coriander and stir again. Taste the salt and pepper and adjust as needed.
Serve with more chili seasoning and fresh lemon, if desired.
service: 3/ 4 cupAnd the Calories: 117CaloriesAnd the carbohydrates: 13gAnd the protein: 4gAnd the Fat: 6.5gAnd the Saturated fat: 2gAnd the Cholesterol: 7.5mgAnd the sodium: 211mgAnd the the basic: 1.5gAnd the sugar: 4g
Key words: Summer BBQ Sandal, Elite Salad, Grilled Corn Salad, Mexican Street Corn Salad.
Your comments are very helpful!! If you try this in good health Grilled corn Recipe or any other recipe on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I’d love to hear your thoughts, variations, and comments. And if you take some pictures of it, share them with me on Instagram so I can reshare my stories!