Keith Peffers, chef and food service manager for Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana, recently designed a new spring/summer menu for the organization’s Meals Program.
Among the recipes featured on this season’s menu is chicken mojo, a grilled preparation flavored with orange and lemon. The sauce is also citrusy.
Peffer’s menus at Meals on Wheels focus on seasonal ingredients. He also prepares a variety of comfort foods and healing recipes for specialty diets.
Meals on Wheels next Volunteer meal delivery/application training will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 7 at the facility located at 8446 Virginia St. Merrillville. Contact Charlie Misovye, Director of Volunteers, at 219-756-3663 or email@example.com. For more information or to volunteer. Attendance is limited.
The organization is looking for volunteer meal delivery drivers for roads in Hammond, Highland, Griffith, Whiting, Hobart, Merrillville, Miller, Cedar Lake, Lakes of the Four Seasons and Portage. Other methods are also available.
People also read…
Other volunteer opportunities include Van Route drivers, cold bag packing and bag sealing.
To learn more about Meals on Wheels Northwest Indiana, visit mownwi.com.
Below is a recipe for Beaver’s Chicken Mojo.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Peel 1 lemon and 1 orange
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or canola oil
1 tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
Whisk all ingredients together (can keep in fridge for up to 1 week)
• 8 garlic cloves, minced
• 2/3 cup lime juice or 1/3 cup fresh orange juice and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
directione: 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. 2. In a baking dish, add vegetable oil.
3. Coat the chicken breasts with oil and sprinkle with orange and lemon peel.
4. Cook chicken on the grill for 5 minutes per side or until chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees.
5. Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean plate or plate, pour over the sauce and garnish with fresh chopped coriander
NB: Chicken can also be baked in the oven at 350 * for 20 minutes or 165 degrees.