Ex-McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s coffee

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) – During the height of the pandemic when stay-at-home orders were in full force and you couldn’t go to a restaurant, a McDonald’s customer got a nasty surprise after visiting a car.

It’s the story of 13 investigations that first broke out in nearly a year and a half.

This week, the police finally made an arrest.

Spit in someone’s drink… Go to jail.

It doesn’t matter how much time has passed.

Forty-nine-year-old Felicia O’Neill found it the hard way on July 4 when she was stopped for driving without headlights and police discovered an arrest warrant for her – one issued a year earlier.

See it for yourself: Ex-McDonald’s Employee Warranty Declaration

A former McDonald’s worker accused of food fraud following our February 2021 investigation.

“This actually happens to people. It just happened to me!” Agent Cynthia Bayer told 13 investigators in an exclusive interview last year.

Bayer visited a local McDonald’s, an independently owned franchise on Tropicana Ave. and Jones Blvd. , in December 2020 to treat her kids to some french fries and strawberry shake.

“I like to drink coffee,” she added.

Order the sugar-free vegan iced bayer latte. But on that day, her usual driving experience turned out to be anything but.

“She (the employee at the command post) cut me halfway through my order, and said, I didn’t finish ordering. I still wanted to order my drink. And I went, well, it’s too late to order.”

Baer asked to speak to a supervisor, “He said he’d take care of it and go ahead and they would get my order. Then they said–which I thought was curious–your drink isn’t ready, so go to the third window.”

Curious, but not worried yet, she drank the iced coffee only to get a nasty surprise when she was about to finish.

“When I felt this texture – it’s a sticky, jelly-like texture in your mouth. And you know what it is and it definitely isn’t coffee. I could see that there was a lot in the bottom of the cup and it was great a huge amount was in my mouth.”

Cynthia’s coffee contained mucus and saliva that she believes came from Felicia O’Neill, a McDonald’s employee she was talking to in the car.

“For me, it’s like a threat to your life. It really is.”

At the time of the incident in December 2020, “we are all walking around wearing masks, social distancing, not going to school, working from home, and this person has the audacity to spit directly into something you are going to drink. It is very dangerous.”

In a phone call recorded by both sides, an insurance officer working for McDonald’s told Cynthia about the surveillance video of the incident.

“The angle isn’t very clear but she admitted that, to me, whether on video or not, she said she did,” the insurance agent said.

“I felt violated!” Cynthia exclaimed. “I felt completely violated and had a concern about what you could get from swallowing someone’s spit. Here you have a front-line restaurant worker choosing to be reckless… knowing that they are at very high risk for COVID.”

The danger soon became real.

“I realized I had symptoms of COVID. I got very sick, got tested and the result was positive.”

Cynthia was tested on December 27, five days after drinking contaminated coffee.

When our report first aired, McDonald’s told 13 investigators that no one was available for an on-camera interview.

The franchisor sent a statement saying in part: “When we became aware of the incident, we took the appropriate steps necessary to investigate the matter and immediately contacted the local health authorities. The employee concerned is no longer with our organization… We have apologized to the client… in this unacceptable incident and are taking the necessary measures to ensure Not to happen again.”

Felicia O’Neill’s bail was set at $5,000 and she has been released from prison.

The next court date in the case is July 18.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.