Ex-McDonald’s employee arrested for spitting in customer’s coffee

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) – During the height of the pandemic, when stay-at-home orders were in full force and you couldn’t go to a restaurant, a McDonald’s customer got a nasty surprise after visiting a car.

It’s the story of 13 investigations that first broke out in nearly a year and a half.

This week, the police finally made an arrest, sending the message that if you spit in someone’s drink, you can go to jail – no matter how much time has passed.

Forty-nine-year-old Felicia O’Neill found it the hard way on July 4 when she was stopped for driving without headlights and police discovered her arrest warrant – an order issued a year earlier.

See it for yourself: Ex-McDonald’s Employee Warranty Declaration

A former McDonald’s worker accused of food fraud following our February 2021 investigation.

“This actually happens to people. It just happened to me!” Agent Cynthia Bayer told 13 investigators in an exclusive interview last year.

Bayer visited her local McDonald’s, an independently owned franchise on Tropicana Street and Jones Boulevard, in December of 2020. She was there to offer her children some french fries and strawberry shake.

“I like to drink coffee,” she added.

Order the sugar-free vegan iced bayer latte. But on that day, her usual driving experience turned out to be anything but.

“She (the employee at the command center) cut me halfway through my order, and said, ‘I’m not done with the order. I still want to order my drink.” Then she said, “Well, it’s too late to order.”

Bayer asked to speak to a supervisor, “He said he would take care of it and come forward and they would get my order. Then they said—which I thought was curious—”Your drink is not ready, so you need to go to the third window.”

Curious, but not worried yet, she drank the iced coffee – only to get a nasty surprise when it was almost done.

“When I got that texture—it’s a sticky, jelly-like texture in your mouth. And you know what it is, and it’s definitely not coffee,” Beyer said. “I could see that there was a lot in the bottom of the cup, and a very large amount was in my mouth.”

Bayer’s coffee contained mucus and saliva which she believes came from Felicia O’Neill, a McDonald’s employee she was talking to in the car.

“To me, it’s a threat to your life,” said Baer. “It really is.”

At the time of the incident in December 2020, “we were all walking around wearing masks, social distancing, not going to school, working from home, and this person has the nerve to spit straight into something you’re going to drink,” she said.

An insurance officer working for McDonald’s (in a phone call recorded by both sides) told Bayer about the surveillance video of the accident.

“The angle isn’t very clear, but she admitted it. To me, whether video or not, she said she did,” the insurance agent said.

“I felt violated!” Baer shouted. “I felt completely violated and had a concern about what you could get from eating someone’s spit. Here you have a front-line restaurant worker choosing to be reckless… knowing that they are at very high risk for COVID.”

The danger soon became real.

“I realized I had symptoms of COVID,” Bayer said. “I got very sick, tests were done, and the result was positive.”

Baer was tested on December 27, five days after drinking contaminated coffee.

When our report first aired, McDonald’s told 13 investigators that no one was available for an on-camera interview.

The franchisor sent a statement that said in part:

“When we became aware of the incident, we took the appropriate steps necessary to investigate the matter and immediately contacted the local health authorities. The employee in question is no longer with our establishment…We have apologized to the client…in this unacceptable incident and taken action to ensure this does not happen again.”

Felicia O’Neill’s bail was set at $5,000 and she has been released from prison. The next court date in the case is July 18.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.