Reservations are now open for DFW Restaurant Week 2022, the annual fundraiser for foodies.
Reservations may be cut quickly at the city’s hottest spots, which this year include Al Biernat’s, Billy Can Can, Don Artemio, Fachini, Harper’s, Joe Leo, La Stella Cucina, Nobu, Nonna, Rye, Sloane’s Corner, Wits Steakhouse and more . Find the full list here.
This fall, DFW Restaurant Week celebrates 25 years of raising money for charities in Dallas-Fort Worth. It was started by Jim White, a North Texas radio host and food and wine lover who recently passed away.
Those who make a reservation will find two- and three-course lunches, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner. About 20% of every meal goes to a charity in North Texas, and about $11 million has been donated in the last 25 years.
How DFW Restaurant Week Works
Contrary to its name, DFW Restaurant Week is not actually a week, but rather a month-long event. Participating restaurants can choose how long they serve their own menus, which often feature the most popular items.
DFW Restaurant Week preview weekend is August 4-7, 2022. After it officially kicks off August 8, restaurants can submit DFW Restaurant Week deals until September 4, if they choose.
Before the pandemic, more than 100 restaurants participated. DFW Restaurant Week ran in 2020 and 2021, but restaurateurs in 2022 will have their first chance in two years to make the event look like it did before. It tends to be a lively celebration of food, driving people in North Texas from all over the world to visit a restaurant they love for a better price than usual.
Restaurants in the Dallas area will donate 20% to the North Texas Food Bank. Fort Worth-area restaurants are donating to Lena Pope, a nonprofit that helps Tarrant County children in need.
New this year: Prices range from $24 to $99
Restaurants can choose whether to serve brunch, brunch, or dinner – or all of the above. Here’s the price for DFW Restaurant Week 2022.
- Dinner: Three courses cost $39 or $49. The price depends on the quality of the ingredients and the preferences of the restaurant.
- New this year: “Dinner is a special experience” For $99, it’s the most expensive DFW Restaurant Week offer yet. Each restaurant can curate their experience differently, but options may include cocktails, sit at the chef’s table, or serve more than three courses, according to a DFW Restaurant Week press release.
- lunchThe cost for two courses is $24.
- New this year: Weekend brunchwhich includes two courses, costs $29.
- Customers can also order the above options via Takeout. (You’ll want to ask the restaurant if the Signature Dinner is available to go.)
- Except for the Signature Experience Dinner, wine and cocktails are not included in the listed prices. Many restaurants offer wine, beer, or cocktail pairings for an additional fee.
FedEx shoppers can earn an additional course at dinnertime. Those who spend $10 at the North Texas FedEx office store on July 11, 2022, or later, must request a “fourth cycle certificate” and then present it at the start of the DFW Restaurant Week dinner.
The preview weekend for DFW Restaurant Week begins on August 4, 2022. The event will officially run from August 8 to September 4, 2022. Participating restaurants select; Not every North Texas restaurant will participate. Reservation Day – the day foodies can secure a seat for the first time at DFW Restaurant Week – is July 11, 2022.