Chefs for Farmers, a Texas food and wine festival that brings together the talents of local chefs and farmers, will be making its way to Houston for the first time this fall, featuring some of Houston’s best brewers.
The festival, which partners with the nonprofit Houston Food Bank, will take over Autry Park in Shepherd and Allen Parkway from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, October 2, and pair chefs such as Top Chef: Houston Evelyn Garcia, Aaron Blodorn of Baldorn, and Nikki Fongthong, Chef of Hidden Omakase, with farmers to demonstrate what happens when there is an emphasis on seasonal and sustainable food.
Founded in Dallas in 2010, the Chefs for Farmers Festival began as a small farm-to-table dinner chain before developing into a major food and wine show that raises awareness and support for family farms in Texas.
This year, the event 21 and up will include tastings, live entertainment, and food pairings, including cocktails, handcrafted beer, and wine.
Tickets go on sale through the festival website starting Monday, July 11. VIP Early Bird tickets ($135 through Friday, July 15) allow guests to get to the festival an hour early—starting at 1 p.m. Entry at 2 p.m., available for $99 through Friday, July 15. Tickets will then be available on a limited basis for $150 for VIP and $115 for general admission.
Some of the Houston chefs on this year’s list are:
- Aaron Bluedoorn, Executive Chef and Co-Owner of Bluedoorn
- Adolfo Monjaras, Executive Chef at Mandola’s Catering
- Alex O Young, Chef and Owner of James Beard Award Nominee Fat Eatery
- Austin Witter, Executive Partner Partner at The Marigold Club
- Brandi Key, Culinary Director and Head Chef, Daily Gather
- Chris Shepherd, Georgia James Beard Award-winning chef
- Drake Leonards, Executive Partner Chef, Eunice
- Hugo Ortega, James Beard Award-Winning Chef and Owner of Backstreet Café and Hugos
- Top Chef: Houston Finalists were Evelyn Garcia and Henry Lou, the chefs behind KIN HTX
- Jiu Dingayan, Head Chef at Money Cat
- Justin Yoakum, Head Chef at Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette
- Kirthan and Kripa Shenoy, the chef duo behind Auden
- Leonard Botello, restaurateur and owner of Truth BBQ مطعم
- Maria Gonzalez, Executive Chef of Lees Den
- Marcus Leal, Head Chef at Loro Houston
- Michael Hoffman, Executive Chef of Brasserie 19
- Nikki Phungthong, Head Chef at Hidden Omakase
- Paul Coy, President and Partner of Gulf Stream
- Ryan Pera, chef and co-owner of Coltivare
- Steve Marquis, Head Chef at Craft Creamery
- Travis McShane, chef owner of Ostia
- Tommy Lazinski, Executive Chef at Ouzo Bay