Shooters Grill in Lauren Boebert . closed

  • Lauren Boebert’s Shooters Grill, famous for its waitresses with firearms, is closed.
  • Poubert said her lease had expired and had not been renewed by her new owner.
  • She said she was considering reopening a reduced space “like Shooters Café with pastries.”

Attorney General Lauren Boebert’s Shooters Grill has closed its doors – which gained fame for its gun-filled waitresses.

The Glenwood Springs Post Independent, a Colorado news outlet, reported the closure on Wednesday.

Speaking to the publication, Poubert said her new owner informed her that the restaurant’s lease would not be renewed after June.

“There wasn’t much wiggle room or anywhere to compromise unless we bought the building ourselves,” said Boebert, at the outlet. She added that she had hoped to keep the “Shooters Brand” with her husband.

Buber told The Independent: “It’s been a fantastic trip. I don’t regret anything. It’s always sad to close a chapter. But that’s where we are.”

The legislator also floated the idea of ​​reopening as a small-scale restaurant that could look “like a Shooters Café with pastries and some easy breakfast sandwiches and merchandise,” the outlet reported.

The restaurant closed its doors on Sunday, according to CBS News.

Pictures from The Independent and Twitter users Show a chalk sign outside the restaurant that reads: “Thank you for the support. Stay in touch. #COVFEFE.”

“Covfefe” is a possible reference to a 2017 Twitter gaffe by former President Donald Trump, who also used the hashtag in a message indicating his return to the Truth Social platform.

Boebert’s restaurant has had its fair share of controversy. In 2014, she made headlines after photos of waitresses with guns were posted on Facebook. The legislator has also repeatedly used a fake story about a man who was “beaten to death” outside her restaurant to advocate for gun rights, despite the man’s death from a drug overdose.

In 2017, dozens of people at local rodeos in Colorado developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating pork sliders at the restaurant, The Daily Beast reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.