Amazon Prime Day was a huge success for Amazon and many people bought all kinds of products and gadgets. The entire Kindle line has been drastically reduced and as with the Fire tablets. Prime members purchased more than 300 million items from around the world during Prime Day 2022, making this year’s event the largest Prime Day event in Amazon history. And more shopping means more savings – Basic members saved more than $1.7 billion, more than any previous Prime Day event.
“Prime Day is a celebration of our Prime members, who look forward to this event every year and are thrilled to offer them incredible savings once again,” said Doug Herrington, CEO of Amazon Global Stores. “This special event is made possible by the support of our employees, suppliers and vendors, and I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all of them for making this a great and memorable day.”
“We were thrilled to partner with Amazon on this year’s Prime Day,” said Rob Jackson, Ujamaa Lighting, a high-quality, energy-efficient light bulb company based in Austin, Texas. “Being part of Amazon has allowed Ujamaa to meet many new customers other than those in our local community – which has been invaluable to this small father/son business. We commend Amazon for their efforts in promoting the small business and look forward to working with them further in the future. the future “.
Peak day trends around the world
- Prime members worldwide purchased over 100,000 items per minute during this year’s Prime Day event.
- Some of the top-selling categories worldwide on peak day were Amazon devices, consumer electronics, and home.
- Prime members around the world did the most shopping from 9am-10am PT on Tuesday, July 12th during the entire Prime Day event.
- Some of the best-selling items worldwide on this peak day were from luxury cosmetic brands, including LANEIGE and NuFACE; Apple Watch Series 7; diapers and wipes from Pampers and The Honest Company; kitchen essentials from Rachael Ray, Le Creuset, and Hamilton Beach; VTech and LeapFrog Games; Vital Collagen Proteins. Levi’s clothing and accessories; Guys chemical car wash products. and pet products from NUTRO, TEMPTATIONS, and GREENIES.
- Since Prime Day shopping began on July 12, Fire TV, Echo, and Blink devices have been some of the best-selling items on Amazon worldwide.
- Customer Support Small Businesses in the three-week period leading up to Prime Day, generating over $3 billion in sales for small businesses included in Supporting Small Businesses to Win Big Sweepstakes Prizes.
- Customers purchased over 100 million small business items in the three weeks leading up to Prime Day.
Prime Minister’s Day trends in the United States
- Prime members in the US purchased over 60,000 items per minute during this year’s Prime Day event.
- Prime members in the US did the most shopping from 8pm-9pm PT on Wednesday, July 13th during the US Prime Day event.
- Some of the top-selling categories in the US on this peak day were consumer electronics, household essentials, and home.
- Some of the best-selling items in the US on this day were from luxury beauty brands, including LANEIGE and NuFACE; Apple Watch Series 7; Crest teeth whitening and Oral-B electric toothbrushes; Baby and toddler clothes from Simple Joys by Carter’s; Bengo Kids Lunch Boxes; Levi’s clothing and accessories; shark brooms, air purifiers and steam mops; Beats by Dre headphones and earphones. outdoor clothing and equipment from Coleman, Marmot, and ExOfficio; and building toys including LEGO sets, Magna-Tiles, and PLAYMOBIL.
- Customers in the US used Prime Day to celebrate summer, purchasing over 1.2 million pairs of sunglasses and over a million swimwear.
- Since Prime Day shopping began on July 12, Fire TV, Echo, and Blink devices have been top-selling items on Amazon in the US.
- During the three weeks leading up to Prime Day, customers shopped from the small businesses listed on Small Business Support to win big sweepstakes in all 50 US states, with those in Delaware, New York and Wyoming seeing the largest sales per capita.
- Amazon Live Prime Day streams have garnered more than 100 million views.
- Thousands of creators flocked during Prime Day 2022.
Michael Kozlowski has been writing for audiobooks and e-readers for the past twelve years. His articles have been selected by major and local news sources and websites such as CBC, CNET, Engadget, Huffington Post and New York Times. He lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.